Peter BrodyInventor / Pioneer of Active Matrix Technology
Inventor/pioneer of Active Matrix technology.
Advantech U.S., Inc. was founded under the name of Amedeo, Inc. in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US in 2002 by renowned physicist Dr. T. Peter Brody (1920-2011).
Dr. Brody was born in Hungary in 1920 and studied music, then physics in England where he earned his Ph.D in Theoretical Physics at the University of London. He moved to the United States to join Westinghouse in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. After Westinghouse, Dr. Brody continued his research and work in the US with thin film transistors, active matrix technologies, evaporation and deposition printing, and many other cutting edge processes.
Some of his many accomplishments include:
- Pioneered TFT circuits on flexible substrates
- Built world’s first Active Matrix Liquid Crystal Display (AMLCD)
- Built world’s first AM-Electroluminescent Display
- Introduced “Active Matrix” term into literature
- Founded Panelvision, world’s first AMLCD company
- Introduced first AMLCD products into US market
- Founded Magnascreen Corporation - Invented modular AM-LCDs
- Invented low cost color filter process
- Invented high resolution printing process
- Co-inventor Advantech U.S. in-line fabrication process
- Founder, Advantech U.S., Inc.
- Recipient of IEEE Jun-Ichi Nishizawa Medal
- Recipient of Charles Stark Draper Price (posthumously)
70+ Publications, 60 Patents, Awards from US, UK, Germany