Advantech U.S., Inc. is revolutionizing the way electronic devices, circuits and systems are manufactured.
- Fully additive electronics manufacturing process
- Deposition of thin films – metals, dielectrics, semiconductors, organics
- Layers have properties of bulk material
- Building devices and circuits layer by layer
- Layer patterning by precision shadow masks
- Feature sizes 5µm to 36inch (914mm)
- Feature spacing as low as 5µm
- Wide variety of substrates – glass, flexible plastics, printed circuit boards, ceramics, metal foil, semiconductor wafers
- Integration with conventional IC and PCB process technologies
- Reduction of hazardous process chemicals
- Savings on infrastructure and capital equipment
Advantech U.S. Additive Manufacturing Process
Electronic devices, circuits and systems are built
- With an additive manufacturing process
- By deposition of the optimal materials
- With the optimal material properties
- In the optimal layer sequence
- In the precise location
- With the precise layer pattern
- On the optimal substrate
- Using Physical Vapor Deposition
- Through Precision Shadow Masks
- With precision mask-to-substrate alignment.
Advantech U.S. Centers of Excellence
- Embedded Electronics
Additive Manufacturing of Microelectronics
Additive Manufacturing of embedded electronics by thin film deposition through a fine metal shadow mask using proprietary and novel mask mounting to maintain dimensional stability, feature size and shape during fabrication.
Microelectronic Device Applications
Amax Evaporation Printing™ is a precision additive manufacturing process that enables patterning of 5µm to 100+ µm electronic device and circuit features in an integrated lithography-free process.
Shadow Mask Technologies
Advantech U.S. provides a shadow mask management process (manufacturing, mounting, cleaning), sub-micron layer-to-layer registration and various thin film deposition capabilities to additively manufacture next generation electronic components and circuits.
Precise Alignment of Fine Feature Device Patterns
Advantech U.S. deposits a wide range of patterned metal, dielectric, semiconductor and organic thin films. Our proprietary mask management and alignment system produces device features from 5μm size and spacing with better than 1 µm registration accuracy.